When a segment has been created, it is not possible to exclude the segment from example a personalization event. Whereas the segment must be created exactly the way that it is intended to be used. The exclusion of your profiles must be defined in the segment itself.
Exclude the data in the segment builder. There are 2 ways of doing it.
- Click on the plus sign on each data element to minus
- Click on the plus sign for the whole row to minus, which will exclude all elements added.
A segment is created by data that are already stored in profile cloud. All data that are available can be utilized to be part of a segment. Attributes, events or session data from any source such as web data collection, iOS app, integrated CRM, email platform or any other kind of data that are available in profile cloud.
Go to the Segmentation app from the top-navigation menu under “Enrich”.
Click on the tab “Segments” and “Create new segment”.
On the left hand menu all data available are selectable by dragging the data elements to the canvas (it’s also possible to double click on each element).
Data are categorised as events and profile attributes. Session data however are categorised as events in the segmentation app.
Define your segment by selecting the data element you want to include or exclude in the in the segment.
When the element is added, there will be different options available depending on what kind of data element you have selected.
By not doing anything with the added event element, profile cloud will include all profiles that have at some point triggered the event. Profile attributes will however always need to be defined by clicking on the added attribute and fill in the options.
*In this case Profile Cloud will include all profiles that have at any point visited the service page.
Click on the element and several options will appear. “What”, “When”, “How often”.
- What: Depending on the event, different options will be available. If the event is populating any data values such as page name, product name or any other value that has been defined when the event was created it will be available when selecting “with session/event data”. (If no option appears, the event is simply not saving any data values in Profile Cloud).
Select what data to define session or event data and add the match type from the drop-down list and manually add the “Value to match”.
Note that in order to define “value to match” you need to be aware of the values that are triggered by the event. If you don’t know this, please contact your organization Profile Cloud admin.
- When: Define the time period of when this event has triggered. By selecting the type of period in the drop-down list, by minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or between dates. Drag the two buttons along the timeline to specify the number of the selected type.
- How often: How often this event must have happened in order to include a user/profile in the segment. Drag the button across the timeline.
- Include and/or exclude: There are no limitations on the number of data elements to include in the segment. Create your segments by adding one or several data elements and combine them in different ways by using exclude/include functionality.
- When adding more than one data element, define whether you want the logic “AND” or “OR” by clicking on the button.
- Include or exclude the data element by clicking on the plus sign on the element or by clicking on the plus sign for the whole canvas.
Segments of your customers are created in its own view. It is created separately as the segments are applicable across all your apps. Segments are created based on the existing data available in Profile Cloud and eventually to be used across all your channels.
View your segments and audience
- Click on the segmentation app under the category “Enrich” in the navigation bar.
- Click on the tab “Segments”. A list of all your already created segments will be shown.
- The number of profiles that fits the segment will be shown. This is sampled data based on the last 2500 active profiles. Please note that if you include rules in your segment that are based on time, for example, “non-active user last 3 months“ the preview will show skewed numbers as the estimation is based on the last 2500 active users.
Regular expressions are used for finding a specific sequence of characters in a string and it will work only in stored values referenced as a string. Like every other filtering method of the IQL, it will test if the assumption between pattern and value is true or false. For this reason, it will never return matched patterns.
In the APSIS interface, you can set two flags, that will modify the behaviour of pattern matching.
- Pattern case sensitive
Regex are by default case sensitive, which means that if a pattern contains "a", it will only match "a" and never "A". Activating this flag will make "a" match "a" or "A", and the same for all letters.
Regex allow you to define if a pattern should be at the beginning or at the end of a string. Activating multiline flag will replicate this behaviour at every line break.
This implementation will always activate "Pattern.UNICODE_CASE" flag and use the matches function.
This implementation will always activate "g" flag and use the test function.
When the activation-event has been defined in terms of content and/or message. Add the segment the new content is targeting, by clicking on “Add segment” in the event builder. All created segments will be selectable from the list that appears. Read more about how to create a segment here
It is possible to add multiple segments by simply clicking on all the segments needed. In cases where there are more than one segments, all the selected segments have to be fulfilled in order for the event to trigger, i.e. the segments are separated by an “AND” – logic and not “OR”.