App and Account Management
Buckets allow you to restrict access to certain apps in order to make sure it is not used for that specific bucket. This is done under “App data access settings” in the bucket settings.
- Click on the plus sign and add the app you want to block from being used.
- API key is accessible under each app that has an API.
This setting allows you to add and remove permissions to your app. In some occasions, it might be necessary to make sure that the enabled app does not have permissions to for example add or delete profile data. This might be due to organisational reasons or just a security measure to completely avoid unintended data streams to the profiles.
Below is a description of each permission. This is found in your bucket settings (Only Admins).
Enables the app to create new profiles.
Enables the app to fetch profiles.
The exact data contained in the profile will be governed by the app’s blacklist configuration.
Enables the app to make changes to existing profiles, by adding new information or updating existing information.
Enables the app to merge profiles.
Enables the app to delete existing profiles. A deleted profile can be created again with empty data, or with a copy of its old data, or with new data.
Issuing a delete only removes the profile from Profile Cloud servers. It does not protect against the same profile being created again, for example from clients syncing local profiles. For situations where you want to guarantee a permanent removal of a profile, use profile locking.
Enables the app to know whether a profile is locked. Without this permission, trying to retrieve a locked profile will return an error.
Profile locks are used to permanently delete profiles and prevent them from ever being created again. Read more about profile locking in the Profile API docs.
Enables the app to lock or unlock profiles. Profile locks are used to permanently delete profiles and prevent them from ever being created again. Read more about profile locking in the Profile API docs.
App Settings permissions
app configuration API permissions
Enables the app to create settings for itself.
Enables the app to read its own app settings.
Enables the app to read any app’s settings.
Enables the app to update its own settings.
Enables the app to update any app’s settings.
Enables the app to delete its own settings.
To be removed.
Enables the app to delete any app’s settings.
What is a Section in APSIS?
A Section in web data collection corresponds to a website on which APSIS is installed. It is easy to work with multiple websites in APSIS: all your current Section appear in the top right corner; you can easily switch between them and perform any operation for the specified event, such as adding a new event, editing an existing one or enabling Tags/Apps.
Benefits of working with multiple websites in APSIS
Separating your websites or parts of websites, into different sections in APSIS makes it simple to know which events run on which website, and to deploy changes separately. You can also allow some of the users in your company to get access to a particular section in web data collection, while other users get access to other section in web data collection.
Best practice in working with multiple websites
We recommend splitting up your website environment based on:
- Different websites and platforms: for instance, one APSIS section in web data collection for the e-commerce platform, one for the content platform, and one for the blog
- Different languages/locales: one APSIS section in web data collection for each language version or local version of the website
- Section: if each website section is large and you want different users to work on different website sections in APSIS, you can split website sections into different sections in web data collection.
APSIS Client Care can help you with a recommended setup.
To launch a new tag it needs to be activated first. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to app store by clicking on the app store icon in the main navigation bar.
- Find the app you want to use by using the different categories or search by the name. If you cannot find the app you are looking for, you have the option to create a new app by clicking on “Add new”. More info see What is App store?
- Click on read more and install.
- The enabled app will be accessible under one of the main navigation icons depending on what kind of app it is and also under “tag” in the event builder
Creating New User
Company administrators have the options to create new or edit current users.
- Click on “My Account” in the top right navigation bar. Click on “Users” and “Create new User”
- Go to the top right navigation bar and click on “+” New User. Both ways are leading to the user admin
- Username: Add a login name
- Name: Name of the user
- E-mail: Email address of the user
- Timezone: Select the time zone the user operates in. The timezone setting is used to log the user-activity in terms of deploy and changes to events correctly
- Password: If blank, the user will receive an activation mail to set a new password. If a password is set, the user will not have to set a new password.
- User Picture: User can upload a picture while, or after creating the account.
- If you set the status to user, the user will not be able to perform any administrative tasks such as creating new users and new sections. A user will be able to create and change events but not deploy to production nor create custom building blocks or apps.
Add access buckets.
- There are possibilities to restrict a user to specific buckets, sections and apps. Click on “Add Rule” to select access to apps, buckets and section. By clicking on “Add rule” the options to give access to specific apps.
- There are also options to restrict buckets and sections per app. This option will appear after you selected access to apps.
- Whitelist IPs: An admin can set a list of IPs (or IP ranges) from which a user must connect to the GUI. For instance, to restrict the user (or anyone who would have stolen the user’s login/password) to only connect from the office IP. Add the IPs (or IP ranges) to the Whitelist IPs field.
- Expiration date: Admins can set an expiration date for users in their account. Click on the field Expiration date and insert your desired expiration date. When the date is reached the user will no longer be able to log in.
Installing the On-site widget bookmarklet
To be able to use the On-site widget, make sure you have the bookmarklet in your bookmarks bar. Simply drag the link below to your bookmarks bar:
How to install Widget:
Go to “APSIS Web Data Collection” and then “Setting” you will find below “Bookmarklets”, Just drag and drop them in your Browser Bookmarks Bar.
Bookmark Bar for different browsers:
Using the On-site widget
Start in the Event editor and select one of the building blocks for which you can use the on-site widget:
- In-page interaction
- Value from page
- Scroll to element
Drag one of these building blocks to the corresponding area, click on it. You will now be asked for the URL of the page you want to apply the on-site widget on. The URL entered in your Site settings is set as default but you can also specify one yourself. Enter the site by clicking OK.
Click on the bookmarklet to open the on-site widget, this will allow you to start to interact and select elements from your page.
If you are a Company Administrator you will have the option to manage users under My Account in the navigation bar.
Or if you are not a Company Administrator and would like to know who is, contact APSIS Client Care.
How can I create new users in my company?
1. Custom chart widgets
The Statistics App now features a new button:
By clicking this button, you can take the current chart exactly how it is displayed at that time, and convert it into a Dashboard Widget.
In the popup dialog, you can configure the widget settings:
- Title: this title will be displayed above the widget
- Which dashboard: widget can be saved to either the Main Bucket Dashboard (the one you see right after login, or after clicking the APSIS logo in the top left); or to the Statistics App's Dashboard page.
- Size: Widgets come in two sizes, single and double. This setting affects the height of the Widget. The width is determined by which Dashboard area it's put into (top, left or right). All widgets work in all sizes, but some sizes may fit certain types of charts better or worse.
- Show legend: this setting allows the user to show or hide the legend for the chart in the widget.
Once all settings are configured, you can click the 'save' button and the Widget will be added to the selected Dashboard:
By default, the widget is added to the "top" area of the Dashboard, but by clicking the pen icon next to the Dashboard label, you can move it somewhere else if desired.
By creating different charts in the Statistics App, and saving them as Widgets, users can thus set up both the Statistics Dashboard and the Main Bucket Dashboard to their liking. Below a sample Dashboard with a few interesting (?) charts:
2. Top Events widget
Additionally, there is a 'special' new widget provided from the Statistics App: Top Events.
This Widget lists the top 8 Events by total volume, over a selected time period, and also shows most recent trend.
You can click the "options" link to configure the time period. It currently supports 3 time periods:
- Past 24 hours (split by hour)
- Past 30 days (split by day)
- Past 12 months (split by month)
(In a future release we will also add the ability to manually select which Events to display in this list)
- Dashboard configurations are individual per user. You can change your own Dashboards without affecting anyone else's.
Dashboards are separate per Bucket. So you can have a different Statistics App Dashboard for each Bucket in your account.
About Client Care
Client care is the organization that handles all your support issues.
Examples of client care requests are:
- Login or password problems
- Setting-up of a new account
- Technical issues or queries
- Bug reporting
- Usage of the tool
Only supported users can contact Client Care
You must be a supported user to contact Client Care. Each organization will typically receive two supported user licenses when purchasing an APSIS product. Supported users will receive a Client Care account welcome e-mail with contact and login details.
If you are unsure whether you are a supported user, you can ask either APSIS directly at email@example.com or contact your APSIS product reseller.
How to contact Client Care.
If you need support, first have a look in our FAQ (see section 3. “Access the FAQ Knowledgebase”). If you cannot find your answer there, you have the following ways of contacting Client Care:
- Through your Client Care account. URL: innometrics.kayako.com. Log in and post your own client care ticket directly in the interface.
- By e-mail. Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone. The Client Care telephone number is listed in the Client Care account welcome e-mail. When calling Client Care you will need to identify yourself with name and company. Phone hours:
- 09 – 17 CET Mon-Fri (For registering new client care tickets, follow-up on existing tickets and possibilities of real-time support)
- 17 – 09 CET All days (For registering new tickets only)
Time for resolving support tickets
As the nature of support queries can be very different, we cannot promise to resolve your ticket in real-time or within an agreed defined period of time. We can only promise to solve it as fast as possible. For more complicated issues that are not solved immediately, we will keep you updated on the progress along the way.
Login or password problems
If you have forgotten your “Company” or “Username”, please contact Client Care. If you have forgotten your password, please press the “Forgot your password?” link.
Access the FAQ Knowledgebase
There are three ways of accessing the FAQ Knowledgebase:
- From the login console (profilecloud.apsis1.com). Please click on “View more help topics” or any of the “Help Topics”.
- If you are already logged in to the APSIS Platform, you can access the FAQ Knowledgebase from the Help tab in your account.
- You can also access the FAQ Knowledgebase by logging in to your Client Care account and clicking on ‘FAQ‘ in the top menu.
Inside your Client Care account
Inside your Client Care account you are able to:
- Create your own support tickets
- Follow the progress of your support tickets
- Access the FAQ Knowledgebase page